(up, down, center, inside – a slightly uncouth toast to use at Cinco de Mayo)
And while you are being uncouth, how about a last minute, very tasty salsa. This is so easy and so tasty. Use it on the Carnitas if you are making them, on chips, on eggs the next morning (pardon me, huevos).
- -1/2 small jalapeño minced
-1/4 small red onion , peeled
– 1small clove garlic , minced or pressed
– 2tablespoons minced fresh cilantro leaves (Or one tablespoon cilantro paste)
– 1/4teaspoon salt
– pinch ground black pepper
– 2teaspoons lime juice
– One (14-ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
– One tablespoon Corzo Silver Tequila
*Pulse all ingredients except tomatoes and tequila in food processor until minced. Add tomatoes and pulse until roughly chopped, about two 1-second pulses. Place in bowl, pour out a small bit of juice and stir in tequila.